Happy Eclipse Day! In celebration of launching my blog I wanted to start by sharing “twenty-one truths.” I’m divulging goofy facts, fears, and everything in between!
- I work at a hedge fund in NYC.
- I attended Roanoke College, where I studied Biology, Creative Writing, and French.
- My favorite word is erinaceous (it is an adjective that means “relating to hedgehogs”)
- I don’t have a middle name. It’s just Helen Phillips!
- I’m a Phi Beta Kappa member, which I consider to be one of my biggest achievements!
- My best Goodwill find was a pair of Prada pumps that had never been worn before!
- Favorite museum in NYC: The Whitney, favorite museum in Boston: Isabelle Stewart Gardner Museum.
- I am on a low-dairy diet to try to combat my acne.
- Prosecco and rosé are my go to drinks!
- Before I graduated college I hiked 36 miles in 3 days! Challenging, but rewarding!
- I am still dealing with acne (and feel like I’ve tried everything!).
- Favorite place on earth: Ocracoke, NC, where my Grandma lives.
- I lived in Paris for a month last May and it rained every. single. day.
- Favorite band: OAR, but I am also a huge country music fan.
- My younger sister is a junior at Wake Forest University.
- I don’t drink coffee. Ice water is all I need to wake me up in the morning.
- I don’t have a Facebook, but got an Instagram about a year ago and love it!
- When I’m not injured I enjoy running with my mom!
- Favorite board game: Bananagrams
- I am a huge believer in hand-written thank you cards, I always purchase mine from Papyrus.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone is a weakness of mine, but I’m working on it!
Make sure to check back Wednesday and Friday for more posts! Thanks for reading!